- About IAU
- Services and Publications
- HEDBIB - Bibliographic Database
- HEP - Scholarly Publication
- IAU Horizons - Magazine
- IAU Global Surveys
- WHED Portal/ IHU - Reference Publications
- ISAS (2.0) - Internationalization Service
- Information Centre
- External Links
- Global Academy Jobs (GAJ)
- Specialized Portals
International Handbook of Universities
International Handbook of Universities (IHU)
The International Handbook of Universities was first published in 1959 in response to the growing demand for authoritative information about higher education institutions. It has grown considerably over the years in both the quantity and quality of entries, and includes higher education institutions that offer at least post-graduate degrees and/or four-year professional diplomas.
• includes higher education institutions that offer at least post-graduate degrees and/or four-year professional diplomas;
• briefly describes the higher education system in each country;
• includes an index to fields of study;
• provides a list of regional and international higher education organizations.
The Handbook also offers enhanced access to the new WHED Portal, which provides for advanced search options, extraction and printing tools; access is valid for one year following publication of the Handbook.
A 50% discount is offered to all IAU Members – any Member of IAU wishing to benefit from this discount should mention this when ordering.
The 28th edition of the Handbook, published by Palgrave Macmillan, has just been released and can be purchased on the publisher's website here.
Guide to Higher Education in Africa
The Guide to Higher Education in Africa contains details on the education system of 52 African countries as well as information on some 1,200 institutions of higher education. This publication is the result of a partnership established between the International Association of Universities (IAU) and the Association of African Universities (AAU) to jointly collect and disseminate information on higher education in the continent. A copy of the Guide is sent to all IAU Members in Africa.
The 6th edition of the Guide was released in 2013, and is available from the publishers of IAU reference works, Palgrave Macmillan.
For any enquiries regarding the information in any of the above publications, please contact us at email@example.com.