- About IAU
- Services and Publications
- HEDBIB - Bibliographic Database
- HEP - Scholarly Publication
- IAU Horizons - Magazine
- IAU Global Surveys
- WHED Portal/ IHU - Reference Publications
- ISAS (2.0) - Internationalization Service
- Information Centre
- External Links
- IAU Lynx - our newsletter
- Specialized Portals
IAU welcomes individuals who are dedicated to higher education and the mission of IAU as Associates.
Applications to become an IAU Associate should be sent on the Associate Application Formalong with a CV to Juliette Becker: j.becker(at)iau-aiu.net. Please consult the admission criteria below and be aware that an incomplete application form will delay the review process.
Only individuals whose present (or past) career has been devoted to higher education; who have contributed directly to the work of IAU and who work to advance research on higher education, public policy in the field of higher education and related areas will be considered. IAU Associates are individuals who:
- Occupy (or have occupied) leadership positions in institutions of higher education;
- Are Researchers and Scholars;
- Are Experts in higher education working in specialized agencies;
- Are Experts involved in NGOs linked to higher education.
IAU Associate status is not open to individuals who are currently serving heads or senior administrators of higher education institutions or universities and thus eligible for full membership in the Association, or to individuals representing private companies offering consultancy services to HEIs, or to those working in government.
IAU Associates are granted the following benefits:
- Recognition for actively supporting the principles and values IAU upholds
- Opportunity to participate in IAU Working Groups on priority themes
- Subscription to IAU Horizons, a thematic tri-annual (or trimestral?) magazine debating important higher education issues
- Subscription to the monthly E-bulletin, a source of links to higher education policies, opportunities and news worldwide
- Subscription to Highlights from the Press, a monthly selection of articles on higher education in the international press
- Discount price for the IAU Global Survey on Internationalization of Higher Education report
Annual Associate Fees
100 Euro per year. The financial year runs from 1 October to 30 September.
Application review process
The applications are reviewed at least once a month. If retained, the applicant will receive an acceptance letter from the IAU Secretary-General. Once the applicant has settled the fee, (s)he is granted the status IAU Associate.
For more information about Associate status please contact Juliette Becker: j.becker(at)iau-aiu.net or +33 1 45 68 48 00